There is a lot to be said for reading. It’s one of those things we tend to take for granted as a child, mainly because our parents and teachers and coaches are all trying to make us read and as children we usually do the opposite of what our authorities tell us. When we get older and become young adults we begin to appreciate and recognize the value there is and can be in reading. There is typically the gravitation to books that are written by authors in your field of expertise or interest.
In this case for myself and many of my friends there has been quite an interest in books on business by entrepreneurs who have managed to carve out successful lives for themselves and thankfully put them into words for us to learn from and even copy. I have gone ahead and comprised a list of some of the best reads for entrepreneurs and business people who are interested in a variety of topics including passive income, making money online, writing a book yourself, starting a business, where to find customers, investing, how to organize a successful start-up, creating good habits and how to start and build a business with almost no money.
So here is a list of what i think are some of the best books that any entrepreneur and business person should read if they are looking to start a business or grow as an individual and be successful.
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Time Ferriss: From mini retirements to outsourcing your life, it’s all in this book. Whether your a wage slave or a Fortune 500 CEO, this book is made for you.
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries: How entrepreneurs in today’s environment use innovation to create successful businesses and Eric Ries proposed lean startup strategy for startup companies.
- Think & Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill: A great book on personal development and self-improvement.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey: Is a business and self-help book .
- The E Myth – Michael Gerber: The entrepreneurial myth that most people who start small businesses are entrepreneurs.
- The $100 Startup – Chris Guillebeau: How to change your job to change your life. You no longer need to 9 to 5 for a big company to pay your mortgage or send your kids to college.
- Crush It – Gary Vaynerchuck: Online marketing trailblazer Gary Vaynerchuck tells business owners how they can take advantage of the internet and how they can boost their sales by doing so just as he has done by building multi-million dollar businesses online.
- The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham: Also referred to as Warren Buffets bible The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham is a widely acclaimed book on value investing. This book has helped many people including the greatest investor of all time, ‘Warren Buffet’ who has built a mass net worth of billions of dollars. This is quite an in-depth read so would keep a thesaurus handy while reading this one.
These are some of the greatest books ever written on business and entrepreneurship so I can safely say that you will gain great value from each of these books and learn how you can build a successful business or enhance your personal development to be successful in any area you favor or pursue.